In response to members' interest and the demand for
developing countries, ECFA members offers a full range of services.
<Creation of Better Business Environment for
Activities of Japanese Consultants>
ECFA maintains close contact with government bodies
for improving consulting business environment.
ECFA promotes implementation of projects, which require joint financing
of the public and private sectors or private sector involvement.
For large scale and comprehensive development projects, ECFA coordinates
the formation of consortia among its member firms.
<Project Finding and Formulation>
ECFA sends following survey missions each year to
identify the needs of developing countries and assist governments
and international organizations in formulating developing projects.
- Dispatch of project identification mission---43
- Dispatch of project formulation mission---10
- Dispatch of follow up study mission---8 missions
<Collaboration with Foreign Consultants and
ECFA offers related information on Developing Countries,
Multilateral Development Banks, United Nations and etc. Members
may participate in liaison events with the World Bank, Asian Development
Bank, the Inter-American Development Bank, and European Bank for
Reconstruction and Development to learn how to do business with
these important lending bodies.
Upon request, ECFA provides appropriate consultants' information
best suited for particular projects.
A close relationship is maintained with Foreign Consulting Engineers
Council or Association. ECFA also hosts the groups of visiting consulting
firms abroad for arranging the seminar and introducing our member
<Consultation and Research Activities>
ECFA undertakes studies and research activities
to promote the overseas activities of Japanese consulting firms,
to develop new fields and regions for their consulting services
and to achieve improved working environments. ECFA encourages and
facilitates the application of state-of-the art technology in developing
countries for coordinating with governments and international organizations.
<Working Groups/Study Groups>
Working Groups and Study Groups are on specific
subject to discuss issues, propose countermeasures common to ECFA
members, and develop new markets and fields for consulting work.
<Human Resources Development>
- Private Finance Initiative(PFI) Study Group---Mission
to South and Central America (1999 February)
- Environment Protection Study Group---Mission
to Philippine and Thailand (1999 March)
- Social Development Issue Group--- regional development,
social development, poverty alleviation, health, education, and
gender issues, etc.
- Region Study Group---Study Mission to Peru and
Bolivia (1998), Study Mission to Mozambique (1997)
- Industrial Sector Development Group---Study Mission
to Cambodia (1998 October)
- Local Energy Development Group---Study Mission
to Myanmar (1998 August-September)
- ODA Study Group---Study Mission to Multilateral
Development Banks (1998-1999)
- The study on Competitiveness of Consulting Firms---Mission
to Europe and U.S (1999)
- Consultant Liability and Insurance Policy Study
ECFA promote strong commitment to continued learning
opportunities through various Human Resources Development Programme,
since the consulting service is a knowledge-based industry.
- Orientation seminar for new professionals
- Workshops for Project Cycle Management (PCM),
Gender Analysis, and etc.
- Seminars on development assistance operations
by Japanese government agencies and overseas professionals
- Seminars on Environment Issues, Renewable Energy,
Private Finance Initiative, and etc.
Internet, Provision of Foreign Consulting Firms Data Base